About Lumineers Coatingadmin
What is Lumineers coating?
Lumineers is a type of ultra-thin restoration that is applied to the front surfaces of the teeth without the use of needles and without any abrasion from the tooth surface, unlike known dental veneers.
How is Lumineers coating different from other coatings?
- If the teeth are not crooked, abrasion from the tooth surface is not required.
- Very little grinding is required if the teeth are crooked.
- There is no need to use a needle during the procedures.
- It can be applied in 2 sessions.
- When the restoration is desired to be removed, it is easily removed from the tooth surface and natural teeth can be used again.
- It is a painless procedure.
Can Lumineers coating be applied to everyone?
Lumineers cannot be applied to people with overcrowded teeth and teeth grinding habits. In addition, the patient’s closure should be appropriate and his teeth should not be worn too much.
In which cases is Lumineers coating applied?
Except for the situations mentioned above, lumineers can be applied to anyone who is not satisfied with the appearance and color of their teeth.
Is Lumineers coating long lasting? How long can it be used?
It has been proven that Lumineers coatings maintain their permanence for 20 years. It can be used for many years.
What are the advantages of Lumineers coating?
- Teeth are not abraded.
- Needles are not used.
- It is painless.
- Since it is made of an aesthetic material, it helps to achieve the desired smile.
- It does not thicken the teeth.
- It can be removed when desired.
Are there any known disadvantages of Lumineers coating?
Lumineers coatings have no known disadvantages.
Can Lumineers veneer be applied if the teeth are crowded?If the crowding is not too extreme, Lumineers coating can be applied.
How much time is needed for Lumineers coating?
About 3 weeks are needed for Lumineers coating. In the first session, impressions are taken and the impressions are sent to America for the preparation of lumineers. Within 15-20 days, lumineers are prepared and attached to the teeth.
Is Lumineers coating a very expensive process?
Compared to porcelain veneers or laminates, we can say that it is a slightly more expensive process because the construction process and bonding process are more detailed.
Chief Physician Dt. Zekeriya Alp YILDIRAN