Get Rid of Bad Breath in 10 StepsSalih ÖNDER
What is bad breath?
Undesirable odors coming from the mouth are known as halitosis. Rotten teeth, gum diseases, wrong or worn out coatings in the mouth cause bad breath.
Why does bad breath occur?
Bad breath can occur for many reasons:
- Tonsil tonsil, Adenoid, Digestive system diseases, Gastrointestinal diseases can also cause bad breath.
- Decayed teeth, aging fillings, veneers are the main causes of unhygienic bad breath.
- Ear, nose and throat diseases can also cause bad breath.
- Moreover; Tonsil tonsil, Adenoid, Digestive system diseases, Gastrointestinal diseases can also cause bad breath.
- Any formation that can cause bacterial growth in the mouth also triggers bad breath.
- The main cause of bad breath is bacteria. In order to reduce these, it is very important to brush the teeth after each meal.
- One of the most important causes of bad breath is tooth stones. Dental calculus is formed by the precipitation of minerals from saliva on food residues left in the mouth. You cannot clean them by brushing the teeth after tartar has formed. However, a dentist can do this cleaning.
- If the tartar is not cleaned, it causes inflammation in the gums. Gingivitis causes bleeding in the gums, destruction of the bone, and loosening of healthy teeth. Cleaning the tartar has no harm to the teeth.
- Caries in our mouth, poorly made fillings, old and bad dentures also cause odor in the mouth. Because these environments are places where food residues accumulate easily and bacteria can reproduce easily.
Can worn fillings cause bad breath?
Worn out fillings cause bad breath. It also causes an increase in the amount of bacteria in the mouth by causing a food reaction.
What is the first intervention for patients with bad breath?
The first thing to do is to remove every event that may cause odor in the mouth and to ensure oral hygiene. Because 80% of mouth odors are oral sources. Other sources should then be explored.
Is there a cure for bad breath?
- Oral odor has a 100% treatment success.
- Teeth should be brushed properly and regularly. It should be ensured that there is no residue between the teeth by using dental floss regularly.
- In order to prevent the formation of tartar, a dentist should visit every 6 months and have the tartar cleaned.
- Caries, faulty dentures and veneers should not be in the mouth. Bruises must be filled, and old coatings must be renewed.
- To prevent bad breath, gum health should also be good. If there are gingival recessions, a periodontist (gingival specialist) should be examined.
- Patients suffering from bad breath should definitely come to the dentist for control.
- Regular dental check-ups every 6 months is important.
What is halitosis test (halitosis)?
It is to measure the amount of gas that causes odor coming from the mouth.
Is there anything that needs to be done before coming to the halitosis examination?
Measurements should be made at least 3 hours after eating something light without brushing the teeth, and avoiding all kinds of factors that may impair the sensitivity of the machine, such as cigarettes, coffee, perfume, cologne and cosmetic products.
Is bad breath treatment a long-term treatment?
The treatment of mouth odor is very short, other sources (nose, stomach, digestion) vary according to the duration of the operations.
Is bad breath treatment an expensive procedure?
Its cost varies according to its source, and it needs to be resolved as soon as possible since it has a high impact on the patient in routine life. They are factors that reduce a person’s quality of life.
Chief Physician Dt. Ayça TENLI KURT