What is Oral Cancer?Salih ÖNDER
What are the causes of oral cancer?
Although the cause of oral cancer is not fully clear, tobacco products and alcohol use, carcinogenic substances.
What are the possible symptoms of oral cancers?
Difficulty in chewing and swallowing, numbness in the tongue and lips, swelling in certain areas, unexplained bleeding in the mouth, white-red areas in the mouth.
What can be done to reduce the risk of oral cancer?
- The use of tobacco products should be stopped.
- Alcohol should not be used.
- Fruits and vegetables should be consumed in season.
- Oral hygiene should be kept well.
- You should visit the dentist regularly.
- Factors such as excessive sun exposure are predisposing factors for oral cancers. Along with these risks, overflow fillings in the mouth, incompatible prostheses and poor oral hygiene provide a suitable environment for oral cancers.
Dr. Ammar DERVIS